Happy Springtime! Beautiful flip flop weather has finally arrived here on the East Coast!
It's time to kick things up a notch and revamp your routine. If you've been following my posts I'm sure you've been doing an awesome job throughout the winter months staying organized, fit and on top of your career search game but after a long chilly season, it's healthy and important to change things up a bit. Mentally we need new changes to keep us interested and focused on our goals. Springtime is the perfect time to make those adjustments! Here are a few tips to get you excited for the new season and motivated to keep grinding!
- Open your windows, let in the sunshine and empty your closet of clothes & shoes you haven't wore in the last 6 months. Unless they're for special occasions you aren't going to miss them.... & I bet a few of you will be surprised to find things you didn't even know you had! Donate to a local charity for those in need. Giving back to the community is perfect no matter what time of the year!
- Treat yourself for the hard work you've put in all winter! Refill the empty space in your closet with some new Spring/Summer outfits! =0)
- Roll out the mop and duster and blast your favorite music. A day spent cleaning your house/apartment from head to toe may not seem so fun but the sense of accomplishment once you are finished will alleviate more stress than you think. Mopping while jamming out to your favorite playlist can turn chores into a fun, stress relieving activity.
- Add some color to your room to enhance a bright, positive & happy mood. Buy some fresh flowers or a few decorative pillows. You will be amazed with the mood satisfying results!
- Update your resume, web page, demo reel and any other documents important to your job profile. I'm sure you've gained some experience since the Fall even if it was just a training class or internship. These are all awesome additions that can help land your next job!
- Clean out your fridge and pantry! Toss the processed food and restock with fresh produce and whole grains! Now that the warmer weather is well on it's way there's no excuse to avoid a healthy diet! Local farmer's markets and grocery stores have seasonal vegetables, fruits and whole grains for more affordable prices. If you can buy organic that's even better! Try to incorporate these three food groups into your meals each day for a natural energy boost and uplifting mood!
- Soak up that Vitamin D! Take your workout routine to the Great Outdoors! Go for an early morning/after dinner walk or a bike ride with family & friends. There is nothing more refreshing and satisfying than having fun in the sun!